The reasons why your spouse is reluctant to listen to you
When two people in a relationship are reluctant to listen at each other, it means that there is something wrong with the communication in the relationship. Yet to build long term relationship, you need good communication between you and your spouse. Women often complain when their spouses are difficult to talk seriously, and even reluctant to listen to them. Before getting angry at your spouse, it’s better to identify the reasons why your spouse feels reluctant to listen to you.
1. You are too wordy. Man doesn’t have an ability to listen long words, he would prefer if you convey the core of problem directly rather than talk too long.
2. You are dominating the conversation. One-way conversation without giving him an opportunity to speak will only make him feel tired and reluctant to listen to you.
3. Talk about things that hurt, humiliate, intimidate, belittle and disrespect him. This attitude will make your spouse defensive or shut down.
4. You try to manipulate the topic of conversation. Never do this when you open a conversation with your spouse. Manipulating the subject will eventually make your partner lose trust to you.
5. Talk like you’re giving him a lecture. When you want to open a conversation with him, put yourself as a partner who has equal position with him.
6. You always give short and same words. Every time he asks your opinion about something, you just say, “that’s nice”, “good job”, or “well done”. Indeed man likes compliments, but he will not mind if you give a little bit comment about what he does or what he chooses.
7. You talk to him in the wrong situation. Man will not be able to listen to you when he is doing something. Don’t ask him to talk when he is watching football, doing his job, or repairing his car. Ask him to set aside a time to talk, or talk to him before bed. Make sure he’s not doing anything when talking to you.
8. You ask him about something in the past. Most men think that the past is the past, men are reluctant to talk about their past. If you force him to talk about his former girlfriend, don’t be surprised if in the end you will quarrel with him.
9. Always complaining, whining, and talking about the bad things you face every day, such as about the hectic work, annoying coworkers, or grumpy boss. Man doesn’t mind to discuss about the things you are facing every day, but don’t always complain about everything, it will only make him tired.
10. You are not good listener for him. To establish good communication between you and him, you should try to be a good listener for your spouse. Without realizing this method will teach him how to be a good listener for you.